Saturday, December 8, 2018

On the Crux of a Tipping Point

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Schopenhauer

We are still in the latter stages of "violently opposed", with smatterings of the early stages of "accepted as being self-evident".

But the "violently opposed" camp is entrenched and heavily fortified, sitting as it is on one of the more profitable situations in history. Let me give a few examples: cardiology, oncology, pharmacology, processed food, fast food. And another example; the mechanism to funnel middle class wealth directly into the coffers of big pharma and all they've bought and paid for on capitol hill: Medicare.

I'm recently on Medicare. Any interface I've had usually revolves around a central question: what meds do you take? When I say none, the assumption seems to be I misheard the question, and it is repeated. Then I feel compelled to be more clear: I am not taking any medications whatsoever.

Here is a Ted Talk by a common citizen who discovered the truth more or less by accident, as many of us do.




No comments:

Post a Comment