Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Casey Means MD: The US is going DOWN if we cannot change this

One of the great things about being both (or neither!) liberal or conservative is I can judge each emergent narrative on its seeming merits. I'm not perfect and will get things wrong here and there, but hopefully I will also keep an open mind to correct information new to me.

I also feel there is such a thing as "the ring of truth", and the earmark of logic, which can emerge from left right or center.

Why am I beginning this blog post with this?

Because I want to introduce my liberal friends (the majority of my friends) to a conversation with a surgeon who at the very top of the medical game came to realize we're doing it all wrong, and left a very lucrative career and prestigious position to learn for herself the actual cause of health.

Believe it or not doctors are not taught such basic information.

However this conversation is initiated by a known (and widely despised) conservative.

I enjoy tremendously when an intelligent, highly trained and educated person such as Dr Means has a major awakening. Such is the case in this conversation.

So park your biases (temporarily, if possible), and enjoy this conversation. 

4 comments:

  1. Truth. Wondering though, how we get this information out there to all people in a way that doesn't automatically get categorized as 'conspiracy theory', though. It's a conspiracy alright, but we know how much the general population as WELL as the doctors just don't want to 'go there.' I hope their book is marketed in such a way that everyone can be open to it. It is frustrating, as I have been aware of all this for decades, but short of just counseling/educating patients one at a time...and mentioning it in my own book in a non-controversial way...I don't know what to do. The forces are strong that are trying to keep this system in place. This is what happens when you place profit above all. Other countries have been banning much of this for quite a long time, but we require 'incontravertible' truth (good luck when many of the studies are ghost written by the corporations they serve) before we will interfere with someone's ability to make money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...had only listened to the food/pharma part when I replied above...they are really spinning out in my opinion, starting about halfway through. My comment 'truth' has nothing to do with any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Means had a lot of valuable information.....both medical (what makes us sick and how the medical system is taught to address symptoms, rather than causes, and we stay sick ) and economic ( such as the ties between Tobacco, Pharma, Medical Schools , Corporate Food and the biggest P of all...PROFIT) She lost me a bit when she veered off topic into social norms for women. The part that fell short for me was what could advance healthier eating....how to solve this huge complicated problem. The brother addressed what could be done politically a bit at the end but I think there could have been more said on the economics and access to healthy food, and the social and psychological aspects of re-educating people. In general I think the whole thing could have been more concisely organized without losing any info, and having a more intelligent, less political interview....eeeeeeeeee! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first interview of the author I came across and thought with a "warning on the label" was worth posting. Dr Means own good energy overcomes the relative illiteracy of the interviewer ( to some extent hopefully :) Fortunately Good Energy has lept to the top of the NYT best seller list, hopefully it spends a long time there.

    ReplyDelete