Saturday, October 9, 2021

Winning the War Against Therapeutic Nihilism

What the heck is therapeutic Nihilism anyway? This presentation given to the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons covers it nicely.

I know some of my readers may simply not watch this because of Unconscious Biases (or even conscious biases:), but I say lets be fair and listen with an open mind to both sides of a debate that features accredited experts on both sides. We're not talking about people who drink bleach or show up in public in a flagrant display of lethal firearms, etc etc. Yes those are problems, but are we going to allow "crazies" keep us from needed and legitimate scientific debate? What kind of countries censor scientific debate? Do we really want the USA to be that?

Now I am happy to admit I may not relate to the degree to which people are triggered currently at the mere mention of "that other" political party. Even though I am a registered democrat I am APOLITICAL. I do not view the world though a political lens, I view it through what might be called a "socionomic" lens, or a cycles of history lens. The peaks and nadirs of these socionomic cycles can be deeply uncomfortable periods, and we are in the peaking phase of a large cycle that is roughly 200 years in duration to this point. The fact social agitation is so acute presently may be an indication that the top of the peaking phase is near.

I am also a social progressive: women should be in control of their own bodies, and choose their own medical decisions, as everyone should have the right to control their own bodies and choose their own medical decisions.

And it bears repeating, "science" where debate between experts is censored is not science!!! Scientific process not only "allows" for debate, it is encouraged, and needed.

link to the presentation

Winning the War Against Therapeutic Nihilism & Trusted Treatments vs Untested Novel Therapies

No comments:

Post a Comment