Tuesday, August 27, 2013

This one's for you Mom


Virginia Ruth Munger, my sweet mother, was progressively less healthy her last 30 years, with the last five a particularly difficult passage. She had no clue all of her maladies could have been reversed (if caught early enough) with lifestyle changes, and while I was beginning to have an inkling was not coherent enough to overcome her skepticism. My early karmic role was the rebel, misfit, and angry young man, which tortured the poor woman intensely. In the final analysis, having survived that tumultuous period, and matured a little bit (with a little outside help), I can see her better qualities carried the day. Bravissima beautiful Virginia.




According to my fitbit gizmoidal, I did a run earlier today of 9 miles in 2 hours. That's not screaming fast (OK it's pokey), but I jogged or ran the entire distance, and managed to stay on the balls of my feet for most of it. I really have no idea how long ago it last was I could have done that. I suppose it was the summer I spent in Colorado hiking 5 of 7 days a week. I was 32, now I'm 62. OK, so I can remember, it was 30 years ago. My goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment